New Method of Subscribing to

Ask a Naturalist logoIn recent months, I’ve answered questions on everything from trees that smell like vinegar to seals that swim upside down.  What I haven’t done is keep up with sending out emails to subscribers. However, I have finally figured out how to use Feedburner, a service that will automatically send you an email whenever I post a new answer/article to  Once you are enrolled in the Feedburner system, you’ll get notices about new articles automatically … no more need to rely on me.

Subscribing is pretty simple.  Just click on Subscribe in the menu bar above and fill in your email address.  Feedburner will send you a confirmation email.  Click on the link and voila!  You’ll get an email on any day that I post a new article (typically 1-3 a week).  If you have any questions about this, or can’t get it to work, please email me at

If you’ve been using an RSS feed to subscribe to and you’re happy with that, there’s no need to change.

Tom Pelletier