About

When you have a question like …

• Why do birds sing?
  • How does a plant climb?
  • Are there different kinds of earthworms?
  • What’s the largest organism in the world?

Just post it at Ask a Naturalist.com, and I’ll do my best to answer as quickly as possible.  If I don’t know the answer, I’ll research it and find out if anyone does.  And if no one knows why or what or how, I’ll explain why your question is such a difficult one.  After all, there are so many questions about nature for which we don’t yet have answers.

And even when we don’t have the answers, it’s still fun to think about the questions …

Click here to send an email with your question. I’ll respond to you as quickly as possible.

Please note:  Questions and photographs submitted to AskaNaturalist.com become the property of AskaNaturalist.com and may be used on this website and in other related media.  AskaNaturalist.com is supported by contributions from readers.  AskaNaturalist.com is not a registered non-profit organization and contributions are not tax-deductible.  To make a contribution, please click here.  Thank you!

Tom Pelletier, Naturalist, M.S. in Biology, University of Louisville

Kate Pelletier, Editor, B.A. in Biological Sciences, Smith College

This site is supported by donations. If it’s helpful to you, please click here to make a small contribution (credit card or PayPal). Thank you!
oblique